2 unrelated questions..

rsturbo 14:07 26 Feb 03

MIME a friend sent me an email with an attachment but all i got was a MIME icon for the attachment, i'm using aol but do not know what he is using, any ideas how to retrieve the attachment.

WORD i have some word docs on my pc i'm holding for a friend, i need to know which version of word created the files how do i tell?

thanks for any help :)

colberly 15:10 26 Feb 03

In answer to your first question Mime files can usually be decoded with Winzip. Sorry can't answer your second one.

jazzypop 15:14 26 Feb 03

If you open the Word document in the current version of Word (2002) and choose Save As, if it is an earlier version, it will prompt to save as that version (e.g. Word97).

Can't try it right now, but from memory that works. Otherwise, open it with Notepad and examine the headers. Why do you need to know the version?

Lozzy 15:16 26 Feb 03

Any version of Word will open a word document.. But why do you want to know?? Are you going to have sneaky peak???

Stuartli 15:17 26 Feb 03

Re second question.

If you right click on a file and select Properties, the General and Statistics tabs will indicate the date and time when it was created.

This might give an idea of which version of Word was used, although obviously not emphatically.

Stalker 15:27 26 Feb 03

Older versions of word cant open the newer versions saved files, without seeing problems!

Believe me i have tried on many a times, and only once ever had one that worked, and even that wasnt perfect!!!

Stalker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…