2 unrelated questions

Fateful Shadow 15:50 08 Aug 03

Firstly, 1 final question on more RAM. I know that my modem's top speed is 56K (seems pitiful against braodband) and it can never reach it. Can more RAM increase the speed of a modem?

Secondly, I have noticed a folder in my C: drive called "WUTemp." I trust these are temporary files from Windows Update. Is it ok to delete them?

Thanks

Jester2K II 15:53 08 Aug 03

1) Nope. It might help your PC process picture intensive pages quicker but won't speed up the modem.

2) Yes.

Djohn 16:05 08 Aug 03

Modem speed may be helped by making sure you have correct and up to date drivers for it. Check you have all settings to ISP set-up correctly, also keep any extension leads to a minimum from the main phone socket, and as few connections in the lead as possible. j.

Jester2K II 16:09 08 Aug 03

Try CyberTweak... click here

Jester2K II 16:10 08 Aug 03

2) Yes. But if you have just downloaded an update wait until you have rebooted because files maybe held here to replace old ones in use until you reboot.

Fateful Shadow 19:30 08 Aug 03

Is that Cybertweak program any good? I've just had a look at it on the page, and it all seems a bit vague. A responce from anybody in here would probably make my descision whether or not to use it a lot clearer.

Thanks for the messages too! (And you Djohn :))

Djohn 19:42 08 Aug 03

:o)

Jester2K II 14:32 09 Aug 03

Cybertweak - i've recommeneded it to a few people all of who seems to think its helped make the connection snappier if not faster... Try it and see..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…