"2" TB External Hard Drive.Which one.??

Autoschediastic 09:42 13 Jun 09

Morning everyone!

I am after a rather large 2TB external hard drive or there abouts, ive got some serious volume of photos & camcorded films (Family) from over the years that i need to transfer on the drive BUT i was unsure which drive to go for.?

Ive looked at the "Lacie" Brand BUT was pretty put off by these reviews:
click here

So does anyone know of any other companies or can help in any form Please...?

T I M B O 09:55 13 Jun 09

Yes i saw the link u sent, that external looks pretty neat. I have 6 external hard drives & the ones i like the best are weston digital>> click here

Autoschediastic 10:19 13 Jun 09

TIMBO thats a GREAT price & a great product!

Thankx for the reply!

You got me intrested now..lol

Autoschediastic 10:21 13 Jun 09

BTW i see some External Hard drives had multiple drives inside is this better or is it better to have just one drive.? if so WHY.? thankx

T I M B O 10:56 13 Jun 09

With weston digital products they have a 3 year warranty. I have always purchased weston digital & in my 8 years i have had 1 go down, i sent back to weston digital and they replaced free of charge. I sent them a 250 gig and they sent back a 500 gig, i was happy with that.

Also whats nice about that external is that it switches itself off when the pc closes down. It is very likely it will come in Fat32 format, just copy the files to a pen drive and format external to NTFS via "My Computer" Some backup software compair file seizes & with Fat 32 & NTFS they generate diffrent file sizes.

I guess that having 2 hard drives with this 2 TB external is that maybe you can only squeeze so much into 1 space, i'm not really sure.

I also shop @ Aria, they to have very good prices >>click here

Autoschediastic 12:13 13 Jun 09

TIMBO!

Thanks again for taking your time to reply!

That is very intresting to know!

Thankx again & have a good w/end! i must ruch ive got a 2 Oclock train to catch! got a Christening to attend in Grantham!
AS

Kevscar1 12:20 13 Jun 09

You do realise the bigger the hard the longer to do Virus scan, defrag. Base on my 750Gb probably 36hrs for each process.

T I M B O 12:35 13 Jun 09

Well i got 3 TB here, scanning has never been an issue. Some AV's scan in the background, but normally i just do a scan with malwarebytes then go to bed and it's all finished by the morning.

tterb 22:42 19 Jun 09

IMO, the ioSafe Solo is the best external hard drive currently on the market click here

The Solo is a bit more expensive than other drives, but will also do more to protect your data (it's waterproof, fireproof and can be bolted to the floor). They come with a 3 year warranty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…