2 Sound Cards music out of both simultaneously

herbie53 14:38 02 Feb 08

Hi, I have 2 sound cards in my computer, a PCI ALS4000 and AC97 onboard sound - I have 1 set of speakers connected to each in different locations, I can switch between them, but is there a way to play music through both simultaneously? I use Windows Media Player for music. Basically I think I need a program which will play what is going through one sound card into the other one - has anyone got any ideas?

Technotiger 14:55 02 Feb 08

Hmm, the ALS4000 is not a sound card - it is a sound card driver. Other than AC97, which again is not a sound card but a sound chip built-in to the mobo, do you have an actual sound card in your pc - perhaps something like the Creative Sound-Blaster Audigy2 ?

herbie53 14:57 02 Feb 08

No I have just fitted a PCI sound card from a previous computer which is recognised as an ALS4000 audio device made by "Avance Sound" I have 1 PCI sound card and built in onboard sound.

MAT ALAN 15:01 02 Feb 08

click here&

Sound cards

click here&
speaker systems

Why not take the sensible approach...

herbie53 15:03 02 Feb 08

I don't think you understand, I have speakers, and I have sound cards, but I want to play the same thing through both sound cards.

MAT ALAN 15:07 02 Feb 08

will almost certainly cause hardware conflict...

herbie53 15:08 02 Feb 08

No it won't, because I already have this going - I can choose which card to use from Windows Media Player, but I want to use both at once.

MAT ALAN 15:12 02 Feb 08

OK let me put it another way, you can have multiple sound cards in your PC and configure them to play sounds for Windows and other programs and devices but simultaneously NO!!!!!

herbie53 15:15 02 Feb 08

Well thats what I have gathered - but I was wondering if anyone had come across a program to synchronise both sound cards to play the same thing, like click here but with software.

Technotiger 15:15 02 Feb 08

Sorry, I have not seen one of those, I am guessing it is pretty old, circa Win98?

In any case, my apologies for not knowing. The only way I can see you being able to hear sound from both simultaneously, is perhaps through a Audio Mixer. This may be somewhere to start looking ... click here

herbie53 15:17 02 Feb 08

Yes it was taken from an old P3 533mhz Win 98 machine, but still works fine with XP!! :D
I'll take a look at that program - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…