2 server addresses the same?

pookie 15:50 11 Nov 03

i'm no expert - just querying something i've been told. our company has had reports for about a week of people sending us emails for example to [email protected] and these emails either not being delivered or a message going back to sender saying no such user on that server. our server domain name eg @whatever.org.uk is registered to our company but we've been told that someone else could set up a @whatever.org.uk email addresses. therefore if someone sends me an email then it might go to the otherone first, find that i'm not listed and go back to the sender as no such user. can this be right and also if it is can i trace who has set up the other eg @whatever.org.uk addresses?

many thanks

recap 16:06 11 Nov 03

To Look up the availability or ownership of any domain name. Search for available names based on keywords using a domain finder click here it may help you track it down?

try this one: click here

Sir Radfordin 16:55 11 Nov 03

One domain name can only resolve to one IP address (though many domain names may resolve to one IP).

If someone else has changed the Domain Name Servers to point to an IP address different to the one your server uses then you will no longer be found when people send emails.

Where do you end up if you visit www. whatever .org.uk?

spruce 17:03 11 Nov 03

have a look here click here

pookie 12:44 12 Nov 03

many thanks for the replies - I'll check out the links. The 'whatever.org' was made up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…