2 questions 1 thread, Vista scoring and overclock

CPUover 19:27 29 Apr 08

Ok first the simple one, the vista scoring system. How good is this? i have lowest score of 5.3 which gives me my base score and that is for my CPU, gaming graphics and HDD. the rest of my score is 5.9 which is memory and graphics. i only ask as 5.9 is the best score you can get and i didnt even think my system was that good to be honest, i built it myself on a budget. So is the vista score a con or are they close??

Second question, I recently got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 CPU and it has been great. Ive overclocked it from the 2.3Ghz that vista shows too 2.6Ghz and has had no troubles and temps have been good. Does anyone know what the highest this CPU can be pushed too before it decides thats enough. I know i can test and reset but id just like some ideas before i go too far with it.
Thanks.

1) disable the vista performance rating, it's quite useless and uses ram. use a benchmarking tool that makes sense, 3d, sandra etc click here

2) i wouldnt take a 5000x2 past 2.6 ghz myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…