2 Queries on XP

Demora 00:14 17 May 03

Hi.

Is it possible when I open windows explorer in xp to show me the c drive instead of my documents/

and

There is a folder on drive c. 'system volume information' this is 605 MBS. is it needed? Just small querries really.

TIA

Demora

muddle 01:34 17 May 03

don't know the second one, but I use the windows button and 'e' at the same time to open explorer takes you into main directory listing all poss drives then click on c: or whatever you want, also I change view (little icon to the right of folders icon) to 'details' cos I like it better this way (easier to read quickly)

leo49 01:49 17 May 03

'system volume information' is System Restore data - so if you use SR then you need it.

Regards

jazzypop 09:09 17 May 03

If you don't have the Windows key on your keyboard, or just want an alternative method of opening Windows Explorer to show your drives, not your folders ...

"Here's how you get the Windows Explorer to automatically open to the C: drive:

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories and right click on the Windows Explorer.

Click on the Properties command.

In the Windows Explorer Properties dialog box, change the entry in the Target text box to read the following:
%SystemRoot%\explorer /n, /e, /select, C:

Click Apply and then click OK. "

Courtesy of WinXP News click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…