2 Problems and a Question

AJ28 21:19 25 Jan 03

Everytime i turn on my pc, after it has loaded up, and comes onto the desktop. A box comes up saying...This programme has performed an illegal operation....blah blah, and on the bar of the window the programme is simply 'DW' you just have to press close and it will go, but this should not happen and is getting rather annoying

Another thing, when it goes onto the desktop, not all the time, but sometimes, it says something about a problem with the Windows Registry Checker, or something like that, and it asks you to restart by pressing ok, i usuall do Ctrl Alt Delete, and get rid of this, but is there a problem here? And it also says this sometimes when starting the computer up, and i have no other option but to Restart, but it still comes up!

And the question, is there a way of increasing the size of an image, without decreasing the quality of it? by making it all blotchy!

VoG™ 21:31 25 Jan 03

DW is spyware click here

Spybot should get rid of it click here

AJ28 22:16 25 Jan 03

Ive downloaded spybot, but im not sure how to use it...how do i?

VoG™ 22:23 25 Jan 03

In the left hand pane click on Spybot-S&D

Then in the left hand pane click on Search&Destroy

In the right hand pane, at the bottom, click "Check for problems".

It will take a few m=unites. Once it has done, click on "Fix selected problems". I suggest that you do not select "problems" that are not selected by default.

VoG™ 22:24 25 Jan 03

P.S.

m=unites is Klingon for "minutes"

Legolas 22:42 25 Jan 03

Glad to see you are still keeping up the Klingon lessons VoG™ :-)

AJ28 14:40 26 Jan 03

I searched for the problems and it found lots and came up with a big list, when i try to fix the problems, it puts me onto the blue screen saying Ctrl Alt Delete and things like that...i have to restart!

VoG™ 14:42 26 Jan 03

Try starting in Safe Mode and then running Spybot.

AJ28 15:00 26 Jan 03

I dont mean to sound silly and stupid but, how do you start in Safe Mode?

VoG™ 15:02 26 Jan 03

Reboot, before the Windows screen appears keep tapping the F8 key, eventually a menu should appear. Select Safe Mode.

VoG™ 15:03 26 Jan 03

NOT "sound silly and stupid " - if you don't know, ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…