2 Problems: Determine my Sound card + Disable C:

GAguy 17:10 22 Dec 08

Hey there,
I have two problems:
I uninstalled Vista to play XP and its running perfectly well, but I dont know which sound card I am using (I am using an IBM notebook T60p BUT I bought it off a third person who changed the original hardware)
I tried device manager, and this Divx thing you type in Run (I think DIAXG or something) but both dont give me information about the name of the sound card I am using and I REALLY dont want to open this laptop.

the other problem:
I gave C: (where I installed all system files) 5gb of space. Which is more than enough for windows. Unfortunately new programs tend to install themselves on C: is there any programm or something that controlls the amount of programms being installed on C: ?
A good start for that would be a programm that changes the auto paths in which programs tend to install themselves from C:/Program files/ to D:/Program files...

Thanks for the help in advance ;)

Technotiger 17:18 22 Dec 08

Download and run click here then look under Devices/Sound in left-hand column.

click here this one allows you to re-size and/or work on Partitions.

As far as I know there is no program that auto-changes the install path. But there is always the Browse button where you can change C: to something else.

canarieslover 18:57 22 Dec 08

Try here for sound card driver.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…