2 Problems about Wireless Transfer and Drive Lette

TicTacToc 14:30 15 Feb 06

Hi all,

Two questions:

1) On my Desktop I have an IDE Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160gb hd. It is called H:/. This is annoying as everything defaults to C:/ and then says it has no space or something. How do I change it to C:/ (I have an external card reader that is currently called C:/.

2) What is the best way to transfer files over a wireless entwork. I have a laptop and a dekstop both connected tot he same wireless network. eg if I was working downstairs on my desktop and wanted to take my laptop upstairs, what would be the qcuikest way to have that file I was working on?

Thanks

SANTOS7 14:37 15 Feb 06

1)click here

2)click here>kbid=304040

these may help,good luck...

SANTOS7 14:38 15 Feb 06

2)click here

sorry....

Eric10 14:53 15 Feb 06

If your Seagate drive is your system (boot) drive then you can't easily change its drive letter. Your card reader will only be taking up the letter C: because it isn't in use. Whatever you try to do I would move the card reader to another letter as described in SANTOS7's first link so that it doesn't get in the way.

The only way I know to change your system drive to C: is to wipe the drive clean and reinstall everything. You may be able to create a partition backup with something like Acronis and assign a drive letter when restoring it back to the drive but I haven't tried this personally and there may be problems because the Registry will be pointing everything to H:.

TicTacToc 15:00 15 Feb 06

yeah Ive just found out I cant really change my hard drive letter. I do not want to reinstall everything so I will leave it as it is.

Thanks for the links SANTOS7

SANTOS7 15:07 15 Feb 06

click here
you can change it back to C:/ but it does involve a registry edit...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac