2 printers on 1 pc?

mannock 20:20 21 Jun 04

my present printer uses a parallel connection and in properties it uses port lpt1. i want to add another printer which is usb. how do i assign a port for it? (when i install the software it defaults to lpt1) presumably they can't both use the same port.

rawprawn 20:32 21 Jun 04

I think you will find if you plug it in to any usb port, the computer will find it. I am no expert but I have a bubblejet colour on parrallel lpt1, and just plugged in a laser black and white with no problems. You just have to make sure you are selecting the right printer when you start.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 21 Jun 04

You do not need to asign a port for a USB printer.

Just plug it and XP will find it. If you aren't using XP then install the drivers that came with the printer.

Go into the printers folder and one printer will be set as default (the printer wich will operate when you click the print icon in word etc) you can change to the other if use wish.

/\0/\

mannock 20:56 21 Jun 04

thanks folks, yes i am using xp, so that's a relief.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…