2 PC's + Data Link + Data switch boxes...problem.

Derek 09:58 09 Jul 03

I have two working PC's on the desk both running ME with plenty of capacity and running well.
I decided to get into linking the two, went to a local fair and bought a switchbox and numerous leads so that I could use 2 PC's and one each mouse, keyboard and big monitor.
It all works perfectly and I'm very impressed.

I've now put both PC's back to standard for the time being because I want to try 'data linking'.

I've bought a box called "USB Data Link / USB Turbo Link" for £12 and I think its made by "Prolific". In it I have one cable USB to USB, and a disc with the PC drivers and a manual.

I've done exactly what the manual says by connecting the cable to both machines, I then go through the proceedure to load the drivers and eventually on the screen I have an icon which loads up the programme.
On the upper part of the screen I have the contents of my hard disc and the bottom half is blank.

In the taskbar I select "Connect" and then "Remote" and, a box appears that says "The remote connection doesn't exist. Open the remote machine anyway ?"

I hasten to add that I've loaded the other PC with the same software.

Can anyone please assist because eventually I would like to link and swap data between PC's and have only one set of periferals on the office desk.

Derek 05:56 29 Nov 03

Cracked it many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…