2 PC's - 1 for Backup, that easy?

wotbus@ 11:01 08 Sep 04

Browsing PC section of large store recently I saw (and almost bought) a cable to connect 2 PC's together for the sole reason of passing files. I am fortunate enough to have 2 PC's; modern with XP and older with Me. My question is this: If I bought this cable could I use it to backup files from my new (in regular use) PC onto the HDD of my older (redundant and not in regular use) PC - is it that simple or do the operating systems have to be the same? Any advice would be welcome and thanks in advance.

TomJerry 11:43 08 Sep 04

os different, no problem.

But you can get the cable cheaper online

USB1 version £5.87: Ebuyer USB File Transfer Cable For Data Communication 5MBPS Data Transfer Rate 2MTR Retail Box click here

USB2 version £11.74 Ebuyer USB 2.0 Datalink Cable Retail Blister Pack, click here

TomJerry 11:44 08 Sep 04

os different, no problem.

But you can get the cable cheaper online

USB1 version £5.87: Ebuyer USB File Transfer Cable For Data Communication 5MBPS Data Transfer Rate 2MTR Retail Box click here

USB2 version £11.74 Ebuyer USB 2.0 Datalink Cable Retail Blister Pack, click here

wotbus@ 12:48 08 Sep 04

OK TomJerry - thanks for the advice and the links. Much obliged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…