2 or more accounts in outlook express?

tAtu*! 09:16 04 Jun 06

Hi all

Is it possible to have more than one email account set up in outlook express? I have my main account set up but would like to access my other accounts using outlook instead of web mail??

Many Thanks

Tatu

VoG II 09:19 04 Jun 06

Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, Add button and follow the prompts.

rawprawn 09:19 04 Jun 06

Yes no problem, just add the accounts you want.

tAtu*! 09:23 04 Jun 06

Will i be able to flick between each account or will all mail regardless of account appear in my inbox?

Many thanks

VoG II 09:28 04 Jun 06

They should go into separate folders for different accounts.

By the way if you want to access Hotmail click here but this will only work with older Hotmail accounts (like mine) unless you are using the paid-for version of Hotmail.

MIke 09:30 04 Jun 06

All my e-mails go into the inbox folder regardless of which account it comes from . I think you can set up message rules and separate folders to direct the mail. I haven't found the need but would be interesting to try!

VoG II 09:32 04 Jun 06

And for Gmail click here

tAtu*! 10:11 04 Jun 06

Thanks all!

got it set up now!!

Tatu

jz 12:30 04 Jun 06

I've got a feeling that Mozilla Thunderbird (a free email programme, a bit like Outlook Express) puts emails from different accounts into different inboxes. I don't use it but did play with it a year or so ago, and it looked pretty good.

If you want to put emails from different accounts into different folders in Outlook Express, use the menu item Tools | Message Rules to do this. It's messy, but it does work. The problem comes when change computers or need to re-install windows, then you have to fiddle with the rules again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…