2 operating systems

SarahC 23:34 17 Aug 04

hi

i have two drives C: which has windows XP pro on it , and f: which has windows XP homw, i did this as a pracice because i wanted to see how to run 2 os at same time, but now i want to make the f: drive the master, and was wondering if all i have to do is swap hd on ide cable and reset the jumpers to master on f: and slave on c:,

i was also wantin to then format my c: drive to use as storage and remove os is this just a straight forward format?

johnsims 00:06 18 Aug 04

Yes to both questions.

THE TERMINATOR 00:16 18 Aug 04

Yes you should be able to do what you say without any probs. As long as you put the f: drive on the primary IDE cable and change it's jumper to master, and put the c: drive on the secondary IDE cable and set the jumpers to slave. Once you have XP home up and running, you can format the old c: drive by opening MY COMPUTER, right click the drive in question and choose format from the menu....TT

johnsims 00:17 18 Aug 04

Hit the post button too quick. You may also need to edit boot.ini so that the reference to the second operating system is removed, if you continue to get the intitial boot menu asking you to choose XP Pro or XP Home after changing jumpers and formatting what was your C: drive.

SarahC 00:26 18 Aug 04

thank you for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…