2 Netwotks running

The Rhino 12:57 26 Feb 09

I don't know how or why this has happened

But I am running 2 networks at home & can't seem to be able to merge or delete one of them

My main Home PC & my personal Laptop are running on a network called MSHome & My wifes Laptop is running on a network called Workgroup

Whilst there is no issue with file sharing the main problem is that when my wife needs to print she cant access the shared printer & has to email them to the main PC in order to print as she is fulltime @ University this is becoming a pain can anyone assist

Many Thanks

tullie 13:26 26 Feb 09

If i get you right,both workgroups have to have the same name,so i think you change one of them,someone will put you right.

T0SH 14:38 26 Feb 09

Try typing "change workgroup name" into Help and Support

Will get you to a screen with a sugested topics highlighted in blue

Clicking on it will open up another window in the right hand pane

This page has a click able Shortcut type link to get you to the System settings and tells you how to make the changes to the workgroup name

Cheers HC

mgmcc 16:15 26 Feb 09

The default workgroup name in XP Home is "MSHOME" and in XP Pro or Vista is "WORKGROUP", so you need to change one of them so that they match. Better still, give all computers a workgroup name of your own.

In XP, right click "My Computer", select Properties, then the "Computer Name" tab. Click the "Change" button to edit the workgroup name.

In Vista, right click "My Computer" and select Properties. In the window that opens, there is a 'link' at the right to "Change Settings" which lets you edit the workgroup name. Again, a Computer Name tab opens with a "Change" button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac