2 Network Cards, wireless and a Wired connection:

Cannon_Fodder 15:27 21 Sep 05

Hello.

I have got a d-link DWL-G520 wireless network connecting to a belkin router and i want my X-Box to connect to my computer through the Wired LAN port on my motherboard for XBconnect purposes

When i do this it always comes back with "limited or no connectivity available". i assume it has something to do with bridging?
but if i bridge the two connections neither work. :(

Any ideas?

T I A

Cannon_Fodder

mgmcc 08:23 22 Sep 05

Why are you connecting directly to the PC's "wired" adapter instead of connecting to the router?

The router's DHCP server will allocate an IP address to the X-Box, where at the moment there is no way for the PC's Local Area Connection or the X-Box to get an IP address. They would have to be entered manually and this is why you have limited or no connectivity.

Cannon_Fodder 10:29 22 Sep 05

The router is downstairs, and my PC is upstairs.

I want to avoid running wires around the house. so as my x-box is in my room with the PC i was hoping to connect it to the PC, then it connect to the router with ICS..

Cannon_Fodder

mgmcc 12:31 22 Sep 05

OK, it should be possible to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the PC's connection to the router, the "wireless" connection, because Belkin routers use the IP address range 192.168.2.xxx which shouldn't cause a conflict with the ICS range of 192.168.0.xxx

The PC's Local Area Connection ("wired" network adapter) will be given the fixed address 192.168.0.1 when ICS is enabled on the wireless connection. The X-Box should then get its address automatically from the PC.

As usual, firewall software in the PC needs to be configured to allow access to the IP addresses of networked devices and in the case of Zone Alarm, the Internet Zone Security level must be reduced from High to Medium in the "Host" PC or ICS traffic will be blocked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…