2 MSN Messenger windows is it possible

Johny C 02:25 07 Aug 04

Hi All

Right i have 2 MSN Mesenger accounts, one i use for work and one which is for personal use. Is it possible to open 2 messenger windows and be logged onto each service at the same time. I often will only want the one messenger running at the same time, but it has happened a couple of times where i needed both.

Is this possible at all?

Many thanks.........John

nighthawk7 02:35 07 Aug 04

Hi

I wanted to do the exact same thing the other month, but all my searching came up blank.

Sorry i cant be more helpfull

Mark

Johny C 17:43 07 Aug 04

Thanks for that, i extracted the files into the same directory as instructed to do so, but when i tried to run the patch i got an error message stating that i am running a diferent version of messenger.

Any other ideas? i am running version 6.2

thanks for your help.......John

LABMAN 18:26 07 Aug 04

Hi whilst it may not be exactly the answer you are looking for if you have windows messenger installed as well as MSN messenger you can log on to both of these at the same time with two separate accounts

Johny C 21:25 07 Aug 04

Windows messenger is not installed on my pc as i kept getting annoying pop up windows which was due to windows messenger, so i uninstalled it whith the advice form this site

Johny C 21:26 07 Aug 04

Windows messenger is not installed on my <nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,75739);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(75739);">pc</a></nobr> as i kept getting annoying <nobr><a class="iAs" style="border-bottom:darkgreen 1px solid;text-decoration:underline;color:darkgreen;background-color:transparent;" href="#" onclick="return kwC();" target="_blank" oncontextmenu="return false;" onmouseover="kwE(event,64614);" onmouseout="kwL(event);" onmousemove="kwM(64614);">pop up</a></nobr> windows which was due to windows messenger, so i uninstalled it whith the advice form this site

VoG II 21:28 07 Aug 04

Pardon?

Johny C 21:29 07 Aug 04

Windows messenger is not installed on my as i kept getting annoying windows which was due to windows messenger, so i uninstalled it whith the advice form this site

Johny C 21:30 07 Aug 04

Well i dont know what happened there lol

Charence 21:31 07 Aug 04

I have MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger, and Lycos Messenger which can all log on to the .net service.

What I do is just log on each IM program with a different account, simple as that!

Charence

VoG II 21:35 07 Aug 04

You can run Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger together click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…