2 monitors on 1 PC

visalia 15:11 25 Oct 05

Can anyone tell me in simple terms how to add a second monitor to an E-Machines 3260 please.

Thanks in advance.

BurrWalnut 16:14 25 Oct 05

You will need a graphics card with 2 monitor connections.

wee eddie 16:31 25 Oct 05

Whether you want to display the same Desktop twice. - You need a splitter Cable

To double the size of the Desktop - as BurrWalnut says you need a suitable Graphics Card

Djohn 16:51 26 Oct 05

It can be done quite easy with just the one graphic card, preferably one with 2 outputs. Most graphic cards will have the options for running 2 monitors off 1 machine with the choice of spreading your desktop and screen saver over the 2 monitors, or having a separate display on each one.

You can then open any program and drag/drop between the 2 screens. Ultramon is an excellent application, very easy to use and will give you many options to choose from. It is the one I use myself.

Have a look at the application click here

DieSse 20:20 26 Oct 05

Or you can simply buy a second graphics card (depending on th PC, this would probabl be a card for a PCI slot). For many moons now, Windows has supported multiple graphics cards and monitors, and had built-in software for configuring how the two screens operate.

I've done them on Win98, WinME and WinXP systems, for clients. You can have several cards and monitors, not just two.

preston 21:17 26 Oct 05

if you have win xp, right click on screen > properties > settings and the the page showing the the 2 monitors and how to configure them is displayed.

visalia 22:18 26 Oct 05

Thanks guys. I thought I read somewhere that XP would support multiple monitors, thanks for confirming it. So, as long as I have the monitor and XP, all I need is an additional graphics card with an output? Will it just slot in and work after installing the software, or will I be connecting 50,000,000 different cables here,there and everywhere?

recap 12:44 27 Oct 05

"or will I be connecting 50,000,000 different cables here,there and everywhere?" No just a standard graphics card and the cable from the Monitor to the PC.

Naz62 00:21 03 Nov 05

2 monitors on 1 pc hard drive does not work. The motherboard/RAM/Sound card etc over rides, I've tried it twice. Brought a 3 screen monitors direct from manufacturers instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…