2 Monitors , 1 PC ?

Iiyama lover 20:55 04 Sep 03

My slot car club is moving away from clumsy manual lapcounting to using a PC. Photosensors under the track 'talk' to the PC via a printer cable connected to a special card inside.

It occurs to me that it would be bloddy amazing if the display could be seen by the drivers as well as race control. The software has a 'large font' setting for just this occurance.

However to do this properly would involve a second and large monitor wired in and facing the drivers.

Is it possible to connect a second monitor? Bearing in mind we will be using a laptop and that said machine will already have the extra lapcounting card installed, I would imagine the device by which the second (CRT) monitor is connected would have to be external?

Please advise...

Many thanks - Deane (click here)

interzone55 21:21 04 Sep 03

I may be missing the point here, but most laptops have a VGA or S-Video output, could you not just attach the monitor to that?

rickf 21:25 04 Sep 03

nView software will let you transfer one image from one pc to another. Not at all sure this is what you meant though.

Iiyama lover 21:59 04 Sep 03

Alan14,

I found out about that after posting this topic but i'm not sure the laptop the club will use has such 'outs'

are there other options?

Regards - DEANE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…