2 minute connection

sacha66 09:53 15 Jun 06

I'm still having problems with my Acer Aspire 1640 laptop and its wifi connection. Internet connection lasts between 2-5 mins ever since I fist set it up. I have a Wanadoo livebox router with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG connector.

When the connection drops, I press the LAN button on the front of my computer off and on again and connection is restored....not the most ideal situation!

I've read the link posted by lost+confused, so I unplugged the wireless phone which was on the desk next to the router - but this has made no difference. My laptop is about 1m away from the livebox.

Any suggestions what I can do please?

c0re 23:16 18 Jun 06

I've had this actually with my Sony Vaio FS.

Only happend now and again but usually restarting it stops it happening.

All i can reccomend is looking to see if there are any firmware updates for your router or any driver updates for the wireless card in your laptop.

Regards

Matt

sacha66 13:12 20 Jun 06

Hi Matt - so its nothing to do with the LAN settings then?? Seems strange that just de-connecting and re-connecting the LAN keeps the internet connection.

I reloaded the driver for the Intel connector which made a difference in that I could actually connect!

Do you know where do I search for the updates - on the Acer website? And what is firmware??

Thanks

Chris-201875 18:49 06 Sep 06

I had the same problem, the cure for mine was.Go into network settings, click properties, then configure,then advanced, then connection type,change value to 10 base T half duplex.then O.K, do this on both computers and that's it. hope it works for you, it did mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced