2 meg ADSL

Cessna 13:38 19 May 03

I am still jumping for joy but at last BT has announced that my exchange is upgrading to ADSL in July this year.

However I dont think i will be happy with just their 512 ADSL speed, having been spoiled by my mates 1 meg blueyonder speed.

now I know that some ADSL providers are doing 1 meg ADSL packages, and some are even doing 2 meg packages.

can anyone tell me who is doing these, do i need to be within 50 miles of london for it, or do the suppliers supply anyone who can get ADSL? and more importantly does anyone know if BT are going to offer 1 and 2 meg connections to home users in the near future?

thanks for your time.

graham√ 13:53 19 May 03

Ah, you see, Blueyonder is cable. Don't know of any land line-based providers offering above 512k, they are re-selling BT service after all.

Confab 13:57 19 May 03

click here

But it's not cheap!

graham√ 14:05 19 May 03

Not often I'm right, but I'm wrong again! Forgot about Onetel, just looking at their site for v92 support the other day! :-(

jeez 14:17 19 May 03

hang tight, get a good mainstream 512 connection, from what i hear the only limitations to increase is the flicking of a switch! usa and some of eurpoe's speeds are already at a 3-4mb "average" with the norm in taiwan (I think) is about 20mb. Uk will catch up soon, but they're obviously going to milk it for a while

Cessna 14:30 19 May 03

I see a company called Internet central is taking orders for 1 meg and 2 meg adsl connections. £50 per month for the 2 meg service. magic.

click here

NadineCoyleRocks 15:26 19 May 03

I'm the opposite, I'm hoping that some ISP's will be offering ADSL at lower rates for 256kb or even 128kb, any news on this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…