2 lines of "chinese"

joncuk 16:53 26 May 04

Help, I am a technician at a school, one of my stations has suddenly refused to boot up. I can see a long line of what looks like chinese or indian characters. This appears only about 3/4 seconds into boot up after ide checks. If I try to get into bios before this appears I can see only a black screen.

Don't know what to do !! We are running Windows XP at the station,Windows 2000 server at the server, the processor is a celeron 700 with a Phoenix award bios. Any ideas? Could it have been hacked by a student?

NOTE, can't get into bios or rebuild the station via floppy disc or boot up in safe mode

rawprawn 16:57 26 May 04

Can you boot from the OS CD and follow repair ?

hugh-265156 17:00 26 May 04

any beeps?

joncuk 17:07 26 May 04

Haven't tried to boot from OS CD as I normally just boot from floppy disc and invoke re-build from the server or restore from hard disk.

No beeps..it doesnt seem to get that far.

hugh-265156 17:14 26 May 04

im no expert but if you cannot even get into the bios i would not hold out much hope of booting from a cd to repair.

i would try reseting the cmos jumper

jimv7 19:19 26 May 04

Try another graphic card.

Fruit Bat 19:23 26 May 04

Disconnect then reconnect MObo battery this will rest Bios get rid of passwords and hopefully you can then get back in.

joncuk 13:58 18 Jun 04

Very sorry for delay in reporting back. Managed to get bios running again using fruit bat's suggestion of taking out the CMOS battery.

I have never seen anything like this before..
Again many thanks to Fruit Bat.

JC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now