2 Laptops, 1 keeps losing connection...

AngeTheHippy 17:52 PM 29 Jan 11

Afternoon Chaps,
NOW I'm really confused. I have 2 Laptops connected wirelessly, 1 Vista, the other Windows 7. The Vista laptop seems to be dropping the connection,when I look at 'Network & Sharing Centre on the Vista laptop, it's telling me signal strength excellent but with a red cross indicating there is a break between me and the internet. HOWEVER, the windows 7 laptop (on it now) is working perfectly OK!! How can I trouble shoot this please?

dawood 07:26 AM 30 Jan 11

Think most likely that Vista laptop is not configured properly, you might check out this wireless adapter configuration in Vista article click here , probably could help you solving your problem.

AngeTheHippy 17:44 PM 30 Jan 11

Thanks for answering, dawood. I've been using this Lappy for 2 years in Feb, changed IP in December 2010 and have encountered problems since then. It NEVER lost the connection with the last IP.

rdave13 22:01 PM 30 Jan 11

Possibly changing the order of connections might help and setting the others to connect manually.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November