2 HD's

stumpy69 17:35 25 Feb 05

Hi, I have 2 hard drives on my computer both 72,000rpm.The old one is 80gb NTFS wifh nothing on it & the other is 120gb FAT32 with XP home. I put the 120gb one in cos I wanted to put VHS vids on to DVD & was told I needed lots of space The thing is the 80gb one is sitting there doing nothing so I,ve decided to use one as storage but I'm not sure which one. I have no problem with re-formatting either but I would just like to know what you guys think as you've been great help to me in the past. Cheers.

Jak_1 17:45 25 Feb 05

I would have the 80GB as the 'C' drive for one simple reason, being a smaller drive seek time for prgrams etc will be faster. Use the 120GB drive as the slave and do your VHS/DVD work from there with the main program sitting on the smaller drive.

Just a thought.

stumpy69 19:27 25 Feb 05

Ok friend, thanks for that bit of advice. I was thinking along those lines but just needed another opinion. Thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…