2 HDDs ON ONE PC

Gharte' 10:26 29 Sep 03

Hello folks, I'd appreciate some help here. I have 2 hdds; one running Win98SE with some data and program files and the other running WinXP(HE) also with some data and program files. I need to have them both running on the same PC-AMD. How do I achieve this? I'd appreciate clear steps to achieve this, please. I believe it is possible and that many users run such a configuration on thier PCs. Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 13:47 29 Sep 03

The 2 hd's r on different pc's? Just hook up 1 hd as slave, setting jumpers accordingly.

stlucia 14:11 29 Sep 03

What you're asking for is quite achievable. As MichelleC says, install both HDDs in the one computer (if they're not already).

Then assuming that the HDD with Windows 98SE on it is the c:\ drive, and your PC boots up okay from that, you probably need to uninstall and reinstall Windows XP on the second drive. If you install it as a "new installation", it will ask you where you want to install it, and if you want it to be dual-boot with the existing copy of Windows 98.

I said "probably" there because someone else may be able to tell you a shortcut that avoids the uninstall and reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…