2 Hard Drives - 2 O/S

I have 2 hard drives with XP Pro on each. At the moment it boots into the smaller second drive which is 'C' but I want a choice on which drive to boot into on startup. How do I do this? And how do I make the larger main drive as the default 'C'?

At the moment I have to disconnect the drive I don't wish to go into! Surely there is an easier way?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 20 Aug 06

I click the download area but there doesn't appear to be anything to download. Where is it!!!

Well I have managed to downlaod from somewhere else but when I install it a dos screen flashes for a split second and nothing seems to happen.

I thought I did all the hard work by installing O/S etc why is this proving so difficult.

PaulOwen 13:01 20 Aug 06

Bookmarked.

If you get any help that is!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 20 Aug 06

This is doing my head in!! I can't get that to work either!

Newuser38 13:40 20 Aug 06

It is possible to change which operating system is the default one i.e. the one which starts at startup by going into :-

Programs
Accessories
System Restore
Advanced
Start up and Recovery
Default operating system

If the 2 XPPro systems are there you can decide which one is the main boot up.

I have to say that I have systems on 2 HD.s 3 XP home and one Win98 and they all show up at startup and I can select which one I want to use if I dont want to use the one set up as default. I edited them using the edit on default operating system above to add my own label so I can tell which is which at startup.

It only shows the one O/S.

thms 13:58 20 Aug 06

Go to run type msconfig select boot ini this will show you your boot log.
You can then select which os you want as default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…