2 hard drives

ninky4 10:37 10 May 04

I have two hard drives on my computer a 4ogb which I have had for a while and a new 160gb which I am using, Can anyone please tell me how to put an operating system on the 4ogb one as it was wiped clean when I had the other installed but I would like to use it for storing photos and games Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:40 10 May 04

You don't need an OS on it - simply format it and partition it as you require and use it for storage.

Is it installed in the machine now? If not, you need to set the jumpers to slave, and install it. Windows will see if and use it for you.

Smiler 10:50 10 May 04

Agree with Diodorus Siculus about the op system. but if the two hard drive are on different IDE cables then there is no need to alter the jumpers as they would need to be master on each cable. If they are both on the same cable then their postion on the cable would determine whether they are master or slave. It may be better to set the jumpers to cable select and let the bios set them automatically.

ninky4 10:56 10 May 04

Thankyou for you help I have partition magic so will do as you suggest and make partions for photos and games. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…