2 hard

brillday 19:21 13 Jan 03
  brillday 19:21 13 Jan 03

I am attempting to install new maxtor 40 gb hard drive(oem) as slave to 8gb master seagate drive on pentium 2/350 -with legend QDI brilliantx-is m/b. No jumper settings required according to online support if using drive as slave. Into CMOS setting then auto detect-save settings etc-only apparent confirmation when I check is line of data relating to primary slave.Next step was to use downloaded software from Maxtor to format and partition drive-but then no joy no message appeared enabling me to format.Looked at other postings know about possible limitation of m/b and pre figured factory settings and bios update but Maxtor recommend their maxblast software as more user friendly than fdisk and seemed aware of such problems and of software's ability to handle it. Left text message on support site but no response as yet.My instinct tells me simply my hd has not been recognised and I have not reached first base.Any suggestions anyone?

brillday 20:47 13 Jan 03

thanks got it

Rtus 20:50 13 Jan 03

thanks got it ?????????????
Does that mean youve sorted It???

mark3110 20:51 13 Jan 03

What was the problem as a matter of interest??

Mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…