2 email addresses still giving problems

palinka 11:45 29 May 06

not out of the woods yet re this thread click here

I thought all was OK, there is now a from line and I can toggle between the 2 different names. So I clicked resolved.
But I find I can't send mail from the new name - even though all the details of account (POP, SMTP, etc) are set the same as in my original.Incoming mail seems to be arriving, because I've now received second copies of emails I recieved earlier today when I had only one identity.

johnnyrocker 11:59 29 May 06

are the 'connect using'details ok?

johnny.

palinka 12:14 29 May 06

Yes.
But I've now got in a different mess! My original email account seems to have disappeared; only the new one seems to be working.

johnnyrocker 12:25 29 May 06

check tools accounts and how many have you there? you can always re create the original so all is not lost.

johnny.

palinka 12:25 29 May 06

OK , got it back (switch identities), but from that experience I'm none the wiser about why the new identity isn't working.

johnnyrocker 12:52 29 May 06

what error message when trying to send?

johnny.

Stuartli 13:03 29 May 06

Have you checked to ensure that the individual accounts are configured to collect and receive mail from your Default ISP (i.e. Always Collect From etc)?

palinka 13:48 29 May 06

thanks, johnnyrocker. the error are as follows:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
and,
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com (1)', Server: 'pop.dsl.pipex.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Could not determine server', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Stuartli, I'm receiving mail on both, it's outgoing that is the problem, but I'll check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos