2 e-mail addresses= 2 copies of each message!

Sapins 09:08 22 Apr 04

I have just configured a second e-mail address with my ISP.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to stop getting the same message on each e-mail address.

I am using Outlook Express on XP Home.

Regards,

Sapins.

recap 09:19 22 Apr 04

If the messages are SPAM then the only thing is third party software, Spam Stopper.

recap 09:20 22 Apr 04

If the messages are SPAM then the only thing is third party software, Spam Stopper.

Diodorus Siculus 09:29 22 Apr 04
  johnnyrocker 10:25 22 Apr 04

you need to set up message rules to direct incoming mail to which box thatis if you are not talking about spam.

johnny.

Sapins 10:37 22 Apr 04
  Simsy 10:39 22 Apr 04

I don't have access to Outlook Express here....

Log on as one of the identities...

Tools>Options>accounts.... Go into the "mail" tab and select the account which DO NOT relate to that identity... UNCHECK the box that says something like, "include this e-mail address when receiving mail"

Then log onto the other identity and do the same.

I may have the process slightly wrong, but it sounds like that's the box you need to unclick.

regards,

Simsy

Sapins 10:53 22 Apr 04

Not sure I follow you Simsy, I open O/Express and I am "logged on" to my account, I tried unticking the boxes as you said and I didn't receive any mail at all ( I sent myself a message from one address to the other)

Simsy 11:25 22 Apr 04

misunderstanding....

each identity should have the box ticked... but only for one account, the one you want that identity to receive.

E.G. Identity A should have the box ticked for Identity A account and unticked for identity B, when Identity A is logged in...

and...

Identity B should have the box ticked for Identity B account and unticked for identity A, when Identity B is logged in...

Does that help?
(It is not beyond possible that I am barking up the wrong tree completely.... but the fact that you have stopped getting double now indicates that we're on the right track!)

Regards,

Simsy

wildrover 14:57 22 Apr 04

You need the boxes to be ticked in order to receive messages when you 'ask' OE to get them. If your wanadoo account is an IMAP account have a look at this for a solution. click here

wildrover 15:02 22 Apr 04

That solution doesn't match your problem exactly - but have a look at it - and have a look round the site for another possible solution if that one doesn't lead you in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…