2 DVD drive missing on my computer

pinballmad 23:11 08 Mar 14

When computer boot up it use CD Drive 2 boot up When checking BIO the drives M and N when it should e & F drives any help will be aprecated due to my other topic was lock

alanrwood 10:58 09 Mar 14

Not really sure what the problem is.

Is the problem that you don't see the DVD drives at all after boot up in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer).

OR

Is it that the drives are given the wrong Drive Letters in the BIOS or in Windows Explorer. Any drive except A, B and C can be given whatever drive letter you want in Windows as it can be set in Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management.

If it is thisS problem then have you installed any other drives for example a memory card reader etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 09 Mar 14

Don't think you can check drive letters in BIOS only in My computer or Disk management.

Adding extra drives such as usb drives can drive the DVd drive lettering down. unless you speify the drive letter in disk management.

What operating system are you using?

alanrwood 19:11 09 Mar 14

Yes you are correct, I phrased my answer badly. The only ones reserved are A,B and C.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…