2 drives when I want one?

Dannyb 20:54 22 Feb 07

I have a Sony Vaio laptop PC which shows I have two drives, each with 40gb memory. One is almost full, hence the reason I noticed the other. How can I increase the size of the drive I use by either taking memory from the other or removing the other altogether and making it one big drive. I would appreciate your advice.
Thanks.

brundle 21:05 22 Feb 07

click here
Download the CDROM version, burn to a CD, boot from the CD, resize partitions. Do a back-up of your data first though.

Strawballs 21:08 22 Feb 07

Do you know if it is 2 seperate drives or 1 drive that have been partioned?

I ask because laptops don't usually have 2 hard drives because of space.

If only 1 drive it can be put back to 1 partition I,m affraid without looking into it I don't know how to without formatting, I'm sure others here will be able to tell you.

mad1234 22:20 22 Feb 07

i have a medion laptop & it's harddrive is split into 4. i thought about having 1 partition but i was advised against it as the recovery disk that came with it will only work if the partitions are the correct sizes so i now store downloads or files on the other drives & only use the c drive for programs

woodchip 23:02 22 Feb 07

You may mess the computer up if you change the Partitions as The second one will be for the recovery disc to work from

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…