2 drives on laptop - both with windows folder

Alien Life Form 17:42 04 Aug 07

I have 2 drives on my laptop - HDD (C:) and Local Disc (D:). Both contain a windows folder, Documents and Settings, and Program Files.
In HDD (C:) the Program Files folder contains folders for programs which have long been uninstalled. Plus in HDD my username is Alex wheras in Local Disc it is ALF (which I changed it to a while ago).
Drive C: was created on the 24th march 2007 wheras drive D: was created on the 6th April.
Anyone know what's happened here?

I tried formatting drive C: (by right clicking and selecting format), but I get a message saying: "Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disc utilities or other programs that are using this drive..."

X™ 23:34 04 Aug 07

You won't be able to format C:\! It has your Windows on it! I think either someones tried installing Windows on both drives, or a second drive has been installed that already had Windows on it.

Alien Life Form 16:55 11 Aug 07

Thanks. How could that happen and what do I do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…