2 drives, 2 operating systems.....access?

Marty1 18:16 03 Jan 04

I have Win 95 and a lot of programs and data on one drive; have now fitted a second larger drive and installed Win 98SE. Is it possible to access data and programs on the smaller drive from the larger drive or do I have to keep shutting down, changing the master cable over and re-booting? If it's possible, then my question is how?

anon1 19:09 03 Jan 04

There are a few options. I take it you have only got one drive connected at the moment. The biggest problem you have if that is the case is that both drives will appear to be c: You need to connect both drives but set the win 98 drive as master and the other as slave. When you start in win 98 it should show the old drive as "D". you will be able to access files from that drive via win98. If you want to use bo O.S. then you will need to create a dual boot and win98 help files will show you how to do that.

You need to be more specific about what you want to achieve as there are other options too.

BrianW 19:14 03 Jan 04

I have two HDs, one win 98 se + a partition with all my work files. The other is WinXP home, with copies of all the XP compatible programmes on it.

Going into BIOS lets me choose which one boots first, usually XP but, if I need 98 then I simply change the boot sequence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…