2 drives on 1 computer

kevc 09:51 05 May 03

ive got two drives on my computer, c&d. c drive is 3 gb, this has a copy of millenium and d drive is 20 gb which has xp on it.at the time because d was the bigger drive, this is why i put xp on this drive and it is ntfs. the computer works fine even though the main drive is d and the slave is c. i now want to format the c drive and get rid of m.e which is fat 32 but it will not let me format..why please

LastChip 10:53 05 May 03

First. You cannot format your C: drive from within Windows, only via DOS. This is to protect your operating system, which the system believes will always be on C:

Second. I think you will find that your Boot.ini file is on C: This is the file that initiates the boot sequence and I think I am correct in saying is always written to C: So, if you format that drive, you have to save that file so that it can be replaced into the route of which ever drive becomes your C: drive. Remember also, the drive you boot from has to be made active. Do you know if that is the case with your present D: drive?

kevc 11:01 05 May 03

ive recently deleted in the boot.ini file the line that asks if you want m.e or xp, this now loads xp default.....at this present time im just upgrading xp again hoping it asks something about c like do you wish to get rid of this bloody m.e. on c....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac