2 dialogue boxes open on start

User-271645 16:08 27 Nov 05

Hi,
I had two virus (removed)bya AVG,one was a trojan the other I dont know what...
Anyway on startup I now get what I suppose are the remains of these in my registry.
the box says....windows cannot find .C:\windows\net2002\services.exe'
the next box says I should remove the reference in the registry.
Now I dont know where the registry is and if I did could I remove it?Should I remove it?
I dont think these boxes are doing any harm but they are a bit annoying.
Is anyone able to give me clear instructions for a technohalfwit?
thanks
Rembrandt

Mark5001 17:57 27 Nov 05

Click Start-> Run-> Type in regedit and click ok. Regedit will open. Click Edit and then click Find. Type in net2002 and click find next. Do this until the finished notice appears. If it finds anything you can delete it but be very careful what you are deleting. Also try Start-> Run-> type msconfig when it opens click the startup tag and look for any references to this prog starting. WARNING do not do anything else in the registry. You could completely muck up your system.

alan227 18:02 27 Nov 05

Before you start poking about in the registry, back it up to your desktop, so if it goes pear shaped you can access safe mode by pressing the F8 key at start up and restore the registry.
If everything is OK just delete the registry back up from your desktop.

User-271645 19:59 27 Nov 05

Thanks to you both,
Mark 5001 I did as you suggested,and came up with two references..of course now I am to frightened to delete the files,how do I make a backup as you suggest alan227 and if I need to use it how do I do it .
Thanks for your time and computer education
Rembrandt

VoG II 20:00 27 Nov 05
  User-271645 09:50 28 Nov 05

Thanks VoG,alan227 and Mark 5001,
Did everything,it worked.
Thanks for your time
Rembrandt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…