2 copies of win xp are different

john 08:59 22 Aug 06

I have 2 laptops both with win xp home, version 2002, with service pack 2.

In display properties on the appearance tab, I can select windows xp style on one computer but only windows classic style is available on the other.
Not a huge problem but the fact that I can't do it is annoying the life out of me!

Can anyone please tell me why this is and how to remedy it.

Thanks in advance.
John

Stuartli 09:20 22 Aug 06

Right click on the Taskbar>Properties>Start Menu tab.

Select which style you prefer.

john 09:27 22 Aug 06

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately this only allows me to change the layout of the start menu.

On the win xp style the start button is green and the task bar blue, on windows classic it is all grey. Any ideas how to change the grey to coloured?

Seems a petty question I know, and it's not really important, I just want to know.

Thanks
John

Cannuck 09:37 22 Aug 06

Click on Start/Control Panel/Display/Appearance

You can change the colours there

Cannuck

SANTOS7 09:40 22 Aug 06

right click your desktop>appearance tab>select what you want from drop down menu under "windows and buttons"

Stuartli 09:43 22 Aug 06

As far as I can recall Windows Classic's Taskbar has always been grey...:-)

To change from XP style to Classic try View>Tiles or Icons or List or Details as preferred and then Customise to your preferences (can be done for all folders if necessary).

Stuartli 09:45 22 Aug 06

..or vice versa.

mattyc_92 09:50 22 Aug 06

Start->Control Panel->Performance & Maintenance->Administative Tools->Services
Now search for "Themes". Disable this, and re-enable. This always works for me ;-)

john 10:03 22 Aug 06

Thanks for that,
The 'windows and buttons' drop down list has the xp style and classic style option on one computer but the other only has windows classic style option.

Any idea why this would be?

Having the two options available would cure my curiosity.

john 10:14 22 Aug 06

posted the last thread before mattyc_2's reply. Thanks very much, disabling and re-enabling did the trick.

SANTOS7 10:16 22 Aug 06

click here
follow thread it may help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…