2 Computer Crashes in 2 weeks HELP !!!!!!!

Tilly Flop 19:25 14 Aug 05

I have a Packard Bell Imedia computer which I purchased in April 05. A Norton Internet Security is running with automatic updates & I also have Microsoft Windows Antispyware running. The first crash was caused by saskia spyware & a full system recovery was done. The second crash happened a week later & during the week the Norton disabled by itself. I have now done a further full system recovery & have also downloaded Ad-aware & Spybot Search & Destroy + bought Webroot Spysweeper. In addition I've bought the BT Voyager 205 modem/router which includes its own firewall.

I there any advice you experts could give a novice on how I can prevent it happening again; I download music which I'm now saving into a folder & scanning it with Norton Antivirus before openning it.

keith-236785 20:01 14 Aug 05

no ammount of security features will help if you download and look at/open suspicious downloads, we are all our own worst enemies.

i expect the downloads you talk of are LEGAL ones and as such are from a reputable source (if not then maybe this is the time to think about it).

i use AVG anti-virus, Zone Alarm Pro, Start Page Guard, adaware and spybot and i too had to do a restore yesterday as my system was going stupid.

as i said we are our own enemies (im as guilty as anyone else).

cant help much with your problem apart from warning you to be carefull.

as an extra, you could do a online virus/trojan check at click here

good luck.

Tilly Flop 19:34 16 Aug 05

I must confess to downloading legal video/music from the Official Il Divo Website forum, but most of the others do the same. I now download into a closed folder & scan with Norton Antivirus before openning it. If I wasn't able to listen/watch these downloads it would make me very unhappy.

Many thanks for your advise & as you say we are our own worst enemies, but you have to have some pleasure in life don't you. I'll try the "click here" link. It's getting to the stage I'm now watching for any signs of trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…