//some 3rd party need geo

2 clicks to open e-mails

Trikie 14:18 31 Jan 05

My e-mails open on the first click - please how do I alter this to the second click so that the first just highlights and allows unwanted ones to be deleted.

mattyc_92 14:22 31 Jan 05

First.. try opening a "shortcut" to a program on your system from the desktop... How many clicks does it take to open the shortcut??

Hamish 14:23 31 Jan 05

Do you have the preview pane (at the bottom) open, if so try this

In outlook express, click View, then layout, then removed tick from Show Preview Pane. The email will not now open and you can delete with right click

Hamish 14:34 31 Jan 05

See the posting click here

esbe 14:47 31 Jan 05

Hi,try Control Panel > Folder Options > General > then click option to 'Double click to open an item'.
hope this helps.
cheers

Trikie 14:48 31 Jan 05

Thanks. The preview pane is at the bottom, but going to View and Layout there is no tick in the box, in fact everything is greyed out.

I have to double click to open all other programmes folders and files

Trikie 15:01 31 Jan 05

Thanks esbe - that is already checked and works for everything except e-mails.

Hamish 15:03 31 Jan 05

Is the Show Preview Pane box also greyed out, if so its beyond me, if not put a tick in and then apply to see what happens then take the tick out and apply again

Sorry cannot help further but look a Vog's link

Trikie 15:04 31 Jan 05

I've also just realised that when I go into my inbox the latest item is already opened in the preview pane. It's junk mail and could contain all sorts of nastys so I daren't even go to e-mail at all.

Hamish 15:11 31 Jan 05

Just delete it

Trikie 15:25 31 Jan 05

Solved but I don't know how!! I went to View/next and then back to View/layout and this time the peview pane was not greyed out but the Show box was checked. Clearing it has done the trick.

Thanks for all your efforts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…