2 CD ROM drives listed, only one fitted

jaimie 23:42 05 Jun 05

Recently my Lite-on DVD writer failed so I replaced it with a Sony DVD Writer, the curious thing is when I went to unistall the old drive I had two drives listed in device manager. One was the Lite-on drive and the other was a SCsi drive which I don't have. I unistalled both devices and software, installed the new Sony drive and software and lo and behold the scsi drive is back. It is also shown in exporer as my H drive but is not accessable, I have never had any scsi components in this machine (I built it myself. Anyone know why this should be?
Regards

jaimie

timeteam2004 23:47 05 Jun 05

Look at the following registry key if it exists. This may be way off centre but it happened to me when I had virtual CD installed and then deleted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\SCSI (Windows NT/2000/XP) for entries like the following:

CdRom&Ven_H+H&Prod_CDROM_Drive&Rev_3.00 (Virtual CD v3)
CdRom&Ven_H+H&Prod_DVD-ROM_DVD-707B&Rev_4.00 (Virtual CD v4)
CdRom&Ven_VBE_HH&Prod_DVD-ROM_DVD-50D&Rev_5.00 (Virtual CD v5)
CdRom&Ven_OBVIOUS&Prod_DVD-ROM_MAGIC_62&Rev_6.00 (Virtual CD v6)

jaimie 00:00 06 Jun 05

Hi timeteam2004
i have just discoverd that the virtual drive is refering to some DVD files I had ripped to my hard drive a while ago but have since deleted, the system is still looking for them.

Thanks for your help

Jaimie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…