2 canon printers

tony-guitar 23:16 26 Sep 08

Hi, I currently have a Canon Pixma IP5000, but i reckon the print-head has 'had-it'. My photo's have loads of very fine lines running through them that won't clear even after a couple of Deep Cleans. So i am getting the new IP4500 as a replacement. However, i want to keep the IP5000 for general stuff. My question is, if i install the software from the IP4500 will it conflict or cause any probs with the old software, or will i have the option to just install any new stuff? What if i just plug in the new printer and see what happens? Thanks - Tony

Ashrich 23:38 26 Sep 08

Shouldn't conflict with each other , I would assume that they use subtly different drivers etc. so they are separately identified . I have software for 4 different printers on my laptop with no problems at all .

Ashley

wiz-king 08:32 27 Sep 08

No they wont interfere. It would be better to load the disk that comes with the new printer and install the new printer as per the 'quick start' leaflet. USB printers can cause problems if not installed correctly.
I have 9 printers installed on one of my PCs (I have had to test all the company printers at sometime or another).

tony-guitar 09:19 27 Sep 08

thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac