//some 3rd party need geo

2 BURNERS

goosegreen 09:15 13 May 03

I Have just fitted a new liteon burner to update a Toshiba CDR/DVD Combi, I would have liked to keep the combi as I do use DVD based software, but as I expected there was a conflict and I couldn’t boot to windows with both connected. Is there any way I could disable the CDR part of the drive.

Regards

-pops- 09:18 13 May 03

As you sure you have the jumpers set correctly for two devices? One should be master (normally your main burner) the other slave.

I have two burners on this machine and they work quite well in each other's presence although I only use one of them for burning CDs.

Brian

goosegreen 09:43 13 May 03

Thanks for the quick reply I never thought of jumpers i will try and let you know

goosegreen 10:03 13 May 03

The jumpers are set correctly and i have removed all traces of the old software and cleared the registry still no joy

-pops- 11:06 13 May 03

Make sure your Master drive is on the end of the IDE cable.

If still no luck -

Do you have a cable select option?

If so, try setting both jumpers on that and put your burning drive on the end (normally black connector) of the IDE cable.

duplo 13:09 13 May 03

I had this problem in my old machine with a combi and a new CDRW, I had so much trouble I went and got a new DVD drive, which was 4X faster and only about £20 from ebuyer.com.

There may well be a way, I never knew of PCA at the time. The OS I was running was win ME, I dont know if other OS (i.e. 2k, XP) will handle it, I am sure many people have two burners, a DVD and CD one... there may be a fix on the MS website?

-pops- 13:36 13 May 03

It may be, as duplo says, something to do with using both a CD burner and a combo on the same IDE cable. I'm surprised as I've fitted two burners to a number of machines without a problem but not not with a combo amongst them.

As duplo also says, DVD drives are dead cheap and may well be the best, cheapest and easiest way to go.

Brian

goosegreen 13:52 13 May 03

Have tried all the sugestions still no go,So i think as pops and duplo suggest i will go for a new DVD Drive I can give the combi to the kids,

Again thank for all your help

MikeJ101 14:04 13 May 03

Make sure you have the IDE bus mastering installed correctly on the motherboard. If it's not installed proplerly the computer will still run but when it comes to controlling more complex devices it could very well not be up to the job. What motherboard do you have ?

Also try fitting an ATA 80 core IDE cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…