//some 3rd party need geo

2 AV`s on PC.

Meshuga 17:51 30 Apr 05

Having seen a post earlier today on this forum regarding having 2 AV`s but having only one active, can you tell me how to totally shut down NAV 2005 so that I can evaluate AVG. I do not want to remove norton until satisfied with AVG. My os is XP home sp2. Is any particular version of avg preferable? Many thanks.

Pooke100 17:55 30 Apr 05

You want to shut NAV 2005 down while you trial AVG? lol, people have a hard enough job to get NAV off their computers in general.

I don't think you can. The latest version of AVG is 7.1.0.295 well that is the one I have.

jack 18:04 30 Apr 05

I have had NAV on the machine but not now, I do not have any recollection of difficulty.
As I recall if you have the disk version it has its own removal tool.

Meshuga 18:09 30 Apr 05

Pooke100, thank you. Your comment doesn`t surprise me having read many like it in the past and thats the reason for keeping NAV on my pc although, in fairness,I must say that I`ve not had any trouble with Norton. It`s just that I`ll soon have to pay renewal and thought I`d try a freebie. I`ll let this run for a while in case someone comes up with an idea, excluding semtex. Thanks again.

Meshuga 18:11 30 Apr 05

Many thanks jack.

bremner 18:31 30 Apr 05

All you need to do is take NAV out of the start up.

Start > Run > Msconfig > Startup.

Take the tick out of any entry for Symantec or Norton then OK it and reboot. NAV should then not start.

When you have tested AVG7 and found it not as good as NAV all you need to do is put the tick back ;o

VoG II 18:31 30 Apr 05

I don't know how to turn off NAV - there should be an option to temporarily disable it somewhere.

The latest AVG is click here

Meshuga 18:46 30 Apr 05

Many thanks bremner and VoG.

dogbreath1 19:17 30 Apr 05

click here to see how to disable NAV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…