2 anti virus's

lesbos123 12:59 31 Jul 08

i have just purchased a copy of spyware doctor with anti virus should i keep my avg anti virus and my spyware terminator programes or will they conflict with spyware doctor

Technotiger 13:06 31 Jul 08

Never run two anti-virus on the same pc.

OK Computer 13:21 31 Jul 08

I'm not familiar with Vista but couldn't you give her user account read only access to her C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop folder? If you can I’d advise making sure it doesn’t adversely effect any applications that she runs from there. It would also mean she wouldn’t be able to save anything to her desktop. Can’t help with the taskbar unfortunately so it might be worth waiting for someone who might have a 3rd party app.

OK Computer 13:21 31 Jul 08

Sorry wrong thread!!!!

lesbos123 13:22 31 Jul 08

ty tiger do you suggest i get rid of avg and is it wise to have 2 spyware realtime protections running at same time

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:31 31 Jul 08

As has been stated on here countless times, there is never any need for a home user to pay for protection. AVG free and Spyware Terminator (free) or similar would have been more than sufficient. However,as you have coughed up you might as well use spyware doctor's AV and spyware protection. With a little common sense this should be ample. There is no need to go paranoid about protection.

G.

sinbads 13:34 31 Jul 08

Its not a good idea to have 2 AV running or 2 realtime protections at the same time, doing this will only lead to conflicts.

My advice is to have 1 antivirus program, 1 antispyware program (or combination program) and 1 firewall .

As to which one the choice is yours plenty of advice if you search the forum.

Technotiger 13:38 31 Jul 08

As already stated - the choice is yours - just don't have more than One Anti Virus!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac