2 Anti Virus Programs?

///A M G 21:13 04 Jun 04

I currently have Norton Internet Security (which includes Norton AV 2004 Pro)
I am about to install the New Zone Alarms whoch also includes an AV.

Will it be ok to have both on there at the same time?

If not, which should I keep, (both are payed for)

Belatucadrus 21:18 04 Jun 04

Having two anti virus progs running at the same time is potentially disastrous. sometimes they may coexist peacably enough, most times they lead to system instability, lockups and crashes. This is high on the list of things to avoid.

What to keep, Norton has a reputation for being difficult to remove, so if it's in place and running OK, leave it.

selhurst 21:35 04 Jun 04

I agree with Belatucadrus entirely

///A M G 21:41 04 Jun 04

What is i was to 'disable one', as in turn off nortons auto protect?

Totally-braindead 22:54 04 Jun 04

Having 2 anti virus programs on your computer is asking for trouble, install the zone alarm but not the AV, go with Belatucadrus advice. Disabling one of them may not work. Take the easy option don't install both anti virus programs.

Belatucadrus 23:33 04 Jun 04

Running two AV progs has a very high risk of potential extreme unpleasantness for negligible benefit, I really do recommend not installing both.

If you want a backup try Microworld anti virus toolkit click here it's just a scanner with no active shield facilities or install routine, so doesn't clash with incumbent systems.

///A M G 12:40 05 Jun 04

Hi guys, thanks for all the advice, I installed the suite anf Zone alarms disabled its own AV as it knew it would confilct.

So there for I am running Zone Alarms Security Suite and Norton Internet Security with Notron ad my AV and Zone Alarms AV Disabled.

Thank You very much for all your help.
Take Care.

Totally-braindead 13:45 05 Jun 04

Please post this as resolved. Thank you

safemode 14:10 05 Jun 04

why would you want two net security packages anyway???

seems silly and pointless to me and is most likely to cause as many probs as running two av apps.

it's madness and there's no advantage to it.

ianeon 14:16 05 Jun 04

When you install the Zone Alarm programme - you don't have to have the anti-virus section - I run the new Zone Alarm and AVG - and I disabled the anti-virus section - everything works O.K.

mikef. 14:32 05 Jun 04

I'm confused as well as now having two anti virus options don't you now have two firewalls running again which can cause conflict, I really can not see any point of having the Zonealarm when you were more than adequately covered for firewall and anti virus already.??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…