2 Account Users

billbod 22:44 23 Jul 04

Think i've messed up badly.I Somehow have created another account on my windows xp and instead of having just 15 gig on my hard drive i now have 30 gig, any tips on getting back to just 1 account user .Hope i've explained the problem so i can get some help

stalion 22:58 23 Jul 04

not quite sure what you are saying,to cancel an account you go in to control panel and select user accounts.can you explain further

billbod 23:05 23 Jul 04

I dont know how but when i started my computer around 2 hrs ago it asked me for my password never done that before So i started xp in safe mode went to user account and had to create an account .When computer stated i had double the amount of hard disk use.Think i may have put in the original account name in so its created 2 user accounts hence double the amount of hard drive space i have tried to delete the other account now renamed as guest ,but lost now and need a bit of help

billbod 23:21 23 Jul 04

just had a look at modified files in search.There seems to be 2 different users with my name and so i think double the space taken up on the hard drive .I've tried to delete the most recent but it wont let me any help from you guys would be very grateful

stalion 23:38 23 Jul 04

have you tried system restore to a previous date

billbod 23:41 23 Jul 04

yes and nortons but no different.Im just a bit gutted that i now have twice as much used space the comps still useable but i want to try and get things back to the way they were

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…