1..who owns a Dell inspiron 8200 ?

Chronos 17:14 05 Jun 04

hi..because i am not getting anywhere with a infrared link, i am going to start again..

have you enabled the infrared link? and have you got the icon on the task bar?

i have posted the same subject before. but could not get anywhere :-((

thanks

Charence 19:43 05 Jun 04

The infra red link icon only appears when another "activated" infra red device is nearby. The infra red on the laptop should already be activated. If not go to START > CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE and click on the Infra Red icon.

Charence

Chronos 20:41 05 Jun 04

hi,it tells me that the device is working, but the icon, as far as i can see, should be a small square with a red spot, then when the phone is set, it should change to a double red spot, i have nothing at all..so i can not move on and set it up.

thanks

Djohn 23:32 05 Jun 04

Bump!

flick 01:39 06 Jun 04

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but my son had a similar problem and it turned out that the infra red link wasn't activated. Instructions can be found at click here page 51. Also the phone has to be very close to the infra red for the link to work.

Chronos 07:53 06 Jun 04

thank you all,, this is not something i have just started i have been on it for days :-(

i have just reset it all from square one, the only thing i do not get come on the screen is the bit about "installing the drivers" in properties it tells me the device is working properly.. but still no icon..

anything else...........thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…