1st website, what do people think?

LJT 15:14 24 Jun 03

Im after a geniuine review of my website as I have no idea what people think, I would like some real critism so I can hopefully improve it. Its my first attempt using dreamweaver, and I thought it ok for first attempt any ideas. Thanks
click here

Agricola 17:23 24 Jun 03

Create a proper header rather than something tucked in corner, put factory kitchens on one line on slightly different background and place content under this as it looks rather bitty having kitchen range menu and so on running up in line with logo.

Create pages as percentages rather than pixels on my 1024x 768 resolution everything is over on the left creating an ugly gap on the right

You need to have navigation bar on top or side of page not at bottom people shouldn?t have to scroll down every time they need to look at another page.

Left justify Kitchen range menu having it right justified can be hard to follow the start of each word as you read down

The text size could also be increased by 1 or 2 sizes. It?s a little bit of a struggle to read on higher resolution screens.

Links should be in different colour than normal text try and make the navigation buttons stand out a bit more maybe have them as a proper button or use style sheet to have the text on different colour to give button effect.
Also can you squeeze a few more KB out of the images?

You are going to struggle to produce complex perfect layouts with things like Dreamweaver and FP unless you know a bit of HTML and can then edit the code yourself, so keep layout simple

Forum Editor 20:01 24 Jun 03

with Dreamweaver give yourself a pat on the back.

You chose an application that's very powerful, but takes some getting to know, and you have made an excellent job of what is quite a large site.

I would caution you against making statements like "We guarantee that our prices cannot be beaten" because there will always be someone who will challenge you on that.

I personally feel that your site would be transformed if you used a different font - try Verdana and see what you think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…