1st post please be gentle!

Cant.think.of.a.username 14:56 07 Jul 06

After losing the use of the system restore and help stuff on my XP i have reinstalled. Now EVERY time i turn on a message says found new hardware - printer. I have reinstalled the printer using the disc and it works as it should but the message keeps popping up. I tried uninstalling the printer and disconnecting all cables and still the message comes up when i turn on . I have scanned with norton and ad-aware SE all saying clear. Please help!!!! any advise would be great ( tried 3 other forums no advise as yet )

johnnyrocker 14:58 07 Jul 06

i would suggest deleting printer from device manager re boot and let the pc find and install it all.

johnny.

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:06 07 Jul 06

The infernal Wizard does this, hade the same prob the other day with a printer. If the above advice (which should work) doesn't work, let the add new hardware wizard install it and it should silence it.

ade.h 16:35 07 Jul 06

It may be your first post, but it is customary to thank the respondents....

barnacle bill 16:45 07 Jul 06

" Please help!!!! "

barnacle bill 16:49 07 Jul 06

" It may be your first post, but it is customary to thank the respondents.... "

Nice welcome.:-(

I would have thought that " Please help!!!! " was sufficient until Stu06 posted a reply.

Stu06

Hope johnnyrocker's or Hertz Van Rentyl's remedies are of some help.

ade.h 17:07 07 Jul 06

You may notice that this has been ticked as resolved, despite no feedback. It is forum etiquette to give feedback to those who have helped you.

anskyber 17:19 07 Jul 06

At the top of the Helproom page (the one you entered your question on) you will see to the righthand side a link to download the forum rules. Do look at them and whilst they are frequently broken ade.h comments are a timely reminder to us all.

Cant.think.of.a.username 18:36 07 Jul 06

Sorry - after no luck on other forums after waiting 3 days i wasn't aware of how fast moving this stie is ! Thanks to every one who has had the energy to help me out. It worked first time uninstalling using the device manager. I ticked resolved to say it worked and had to rush out to take the little darlings to the kids fete. It was always my intention to say thanks.

ade.h 18:41 07 Jul 06

Okay, no worries.

Two minutes is a little faster than normal (except when VoG's around! - sorry; in-joke) but not unheard of. It depends on the time of day, whether it's sunny outside...

bluto1 18:43 07 Jul 06

no one ever doubted you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…